Meat and Lamb New Zealand provided this recipe.
* 1 small onion, thinly sliced
* ½ small green pepper, thinly sliced
* 30ml/2 tbsp. black bean sauce
* 15ml/1 tbsp. dark soy sauce
* 1 large bap
* shredded lettuce
* sliced cucumber
1. Dry fry the meat in a hot pan until almost cooked, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the onion and pepper and cook until just tender.
3. Off the heat, mix in the black bean sauce and soy sauce. Check for seasoning.
4. Cut the bap in half, cover each half with shredded lettuce and cucumber slices, and then divide the meat between the bases piling it high on each.
5. Serve whilst still warm.