Stir Fry Recipes
Meat & Livestock Australia provided this recipe
* 1 pound Australian beef strip loin, rib eye or tenderloin steak
* 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
* salt and freshly ground pepper
* juice of 2 limes
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
* 1 teaspoon dried chilies, crushed
* 1 large avocado, diced
* 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
* 1 green chili, finely diced
* juice of 1 lime
* 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 red pepper, sliced
* 1 green pepper, sliced
* 1 yellow pepper, sliced
* 1 red onion, halved and sliced
* 6 large flour tortillas, warmed in oven
* lime wedges and extra cilantro
- Place beef in ziplock bag and add marinade ingredients. Shake well to coat beef. Marinate for 30 minutes to 2 hours. Discard marinade, pat meat dry and season to taste.
- Combine salsa ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in pan and cook beef on medium high for 3-4 minutes each side for medium rare or until springy to the touch. Transfer to a board and let stand 5-10 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain.
- While beef is resting, heat remaining oil in skillet or non-stick pan on high heat and stir-fry peppers and onion until soft and slightly caramelized, about 4-5 minutes. Add beef and toss just to heat through.
Fill warm tortillas with beef and vegetables and serve with salsa, lime and cilantro. Accompany with a bottle of Mexican beer!
Chef’s Note: If preferred, you can slice beef before cooking and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until just cooked, then add to the stir-fried vegetables.