Meat and Lamb New Zealand provided this recipe.
* 10ml/2tsp. whole grain mustard
* 15ml/1tbsp. chilli sauce
* 15ml/tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
* 15ml/1tbsp. lemon juice
* 15ml/1tbsb. freshly chopped mint
* 1 medium egg, beaten
* salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 8 mini pitta breads
* selection of salad leaves
* garlic mayonnaise
1. Mix the minced lamb with the mustard, chilli sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and chopped mint.
2. Bind the ingredients together with the egg and add plenty of seasoning.
3. Shape the mixture into 16 small burgers, then cook under a pre-heated grill for about 5 minutes on each side until brown and cooked through.
4. Warm the pitta breads under the grill, then split in half and fill with salad. Top each with two burgers and serve with garlic mayonnaise.