Meat and Lamb New Zealand provided this recipe.
* 1 medium onion, grated
* pinch of ground nutmeg
* 10ml/2 tsp cream horseradish sauce
* grated rind of 1 lemon
* salt and freshly ground blank pepper
* 2 large eggs, hard-boiled
* 30ml/2 tbsp mayonnaise
* 15ml/1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
1. Blend the mince with the onion, nutmeg, horseradish sauce and lemon rind. Add plenty of seasoning then divide the mixture into four.
2. Shell and mash the eggs and blend with the mayonnaise, parsley and seasoning.
3. Divide each piece of minced lamb in half and fatten into a burger. Place a quarter of the egg mixture onto each, cover with the other half and mould together to make four large burgers.
4. Cook under a preheated grill or barbecue for about 10 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
5. Serve in large burger rolls with salad and creamed horseradish mixed with soured cream, chopped parsley and a little whole grain mustard.