Meat and Lamb New Zealand provided this recipe.
* 120g tub/jar pesto sauce
* 100g ready grated Cheddar cheese
* 4 burger buns, such as sesame, cheesy, Ciabatta, or Foccacia rolls
* mixed salad leaves
* tomato slices
* thick Greek yoghurt
* black pepper
1. Preheat the grill. Tip the lamb mince into a bowl with the pesto and the cheese. Mix well until the pesto and cheese are thoroughly mixed into the mince. (You may find this easier to do with your hands).
2. Divide the mixture into four and shape into burgers. Put on a grill pan and cook under the grill for approx. 10 minutes, flipping the burgers halfway through until they are completely cooked.
3. Serve in burger buns with lettuce leaves, slices of tomato, a spoonful of yoghurt and a grinding of black pepper.