Australian Pork Limited provided this recipe
2 tblsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 cups Arborio rice
4 cups hot chicken stock
½ cup white wine
1 tblsp olive oil
200g Swiss brown mushrooms, halved
½ cup continental parsley, finely chopped
¼ cup chives
¼ cup parmesan cheese
Black pepper to taste
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan and brown pork strips in small batches. Â Remove and set aside.
2. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and sautÃ© the garlic and rice for 2 - 3 minutes.
3. Gradually stir in the hot stock a little at a time until liquid is absorbed. Â Stir in white wine.
4. Heat remaining oil and sautÃ© mushrooms for 2 minutes, stir mushrooms into the rice along with the browned pork. Â Cook for a further 2 minutes.
5. Stir in the parsley, chives and parmesan cheese. Â Season to taste with black pepper.
6. Serve hot garnished with parmesan cheese and parsley sprigs.
Notes: cold risotto is delicious rolled into balls, crumbed and shallow fried until golden.